Philosophy of The Big Society

David Cameron gets to be God!

Thursday 25 September 2008

Revelational Stuff

The Guardian online has posted an article claiming that research has been carried out that proves art activities are good for mental health. I wonder how much that research cost?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/sep/24/mentalhealth.art

So, beloveds, shall we have a Cutty Outy Bits Thursday?

If that isn't your bag, you can always try some Stand Up Comedy - or, for those who are feeling too tired or depressed, some sit down comedy instead. Everyone knows laughing helps (although I can't quite put my hand on the research that proves that yet) and Jude Redmond has turned a failed suicide attempt into a work of art. His book, 'Bounce', is all about his fall and rise. For those living in the Kemptown area, his story is being serialised in the local rag. Copies of the book (£7 a throw) are available at juderedmond.co.uk.

I confess to now being in a quandry. I don't know whether to do a painting or write a book so I am going off to seek some guidance (via a chocolate gattox) on this.

Have decided, I prefer the 'Art of Noise'...so here's something to do the cutting out to:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy

    Sorry wafers didn't amount to much didn;t sleep well myself , kept dreaming that people were at the door coming to section me and a serial killer was after me (read into that what you will)

    Anyway- Crafty thursday seems a good one but not sure in what form-in past have done card making, cross-stitch, knitting, crochet and get bored so easily. Maybe I could make some of those cut out children holding hand in chain by some clever folds- you know the type they teach you to to make at school so you think the world can just hold hands and solve life's problems. Maybe could have one child missing a limb and one with a slightly crazed look in his eye just for PC sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dreams, NOT, Lareve

    Like the idea of the pc paper chain. It could catch on.

    I have cobbled something together using wing mirrors and license plates from cars parked on the estate. It's not stealing..it's art, dahling. :>)

    ReplyDelete