Philosophy of The Big Society

David Cameron gets to be God!

Sunday 26 July 2009

Sometimes a chore can turn out to be a benefit

So writes the woman who has not long mowed her back lawn.

I loathe the thought of doing it (every time). It is hard work (particulary for someone who hasn't treated her body like a shrine) but not only that, it can aggrevate my dry discs (which are not due to any damage I have bought upon myself other than existing).

Is a long lawn to boot. So is not a case of whipping out the mower and 15 minutes later is all sorted. Initially, is a case of gritting teeth and getting on with it it. I seem to lose myself for a while and then feel the burn round about 20 mimutes in to it. Could too easily give up at this point but I can't be doing with a half mown lawn so give myself some cognitive behavioural bullying and carry on.

I feel pretty knackered for a while after but then I go and check my work and think smug thoughts. The little boy's voice, the one that comes up after the end tiles of 'X Files' has sprung to mind. The one that goes "I made this". Okay, so I didn't actually make the lawn but I made it look tidier. That'll do for me.

Debs has just turned up. We are heading off to ASDA to get goodies for Dad and then going visiting.

I shall reward myself with large, gooey, cream cake!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think its right to insist that an attempted suicide is treated as an SUI . Its a Patient Safety Incident of very grave concern .

    Lets see what the CQC said about North West London Trust situation jusrt recently :

    When things go wrong, or could have gone wrong, with the care of people – incidents such as suicides, self-harm, medication errors or physical assaults to
    staff or people who use services – it is important that trusts have clear procedures for reporting and
    investigating incidents, so that lessons can be learned.

    We found that the trust had a number of different policies in place for the reporting and investigating of incidents. They contained conflicting information
    about the classification of the different types of incident, the type of investigations available and when they should be used. This led to confusion among staff, and hindered rather than helped them.


    Nuff said ..

    The point also is Trusts have become less transparent to patients and carers in the sense that it should be easy to understand procedures and they ought to outlined on Trust Websites and made available as a matter of course .. But these NHS performances classes do not like that .. They suppress information and that is not an opinion it is upheld by the NHS Confeds guidance doc to Trusts telling them to be more OPEN in the wak of the Mid Staffs deaths .

    Flame On Johnny and send for the Thing ..

    Ps. I am Crankyman With the power of flying nuts ..

    ReplyDelete