Philosophy of The Big Society

David Cameron gets to be God!

Thursday 9 December 2010

Disabled woman beaten up on bus while everyone just watches

THE disabled mum beaten up in a pram rage attack on a crowded bus told yesterday of her disgust that no one tried to help her.

Nova Willet, 36, said fellow passengers ignored her cries for help and some even laughed as she was beaten unconscious by a foul-mouthed thug. She felt “sickened” nobody intervened when she was punched and kicked in front of her three-year-old daughter.

They just watched as she screamed, “Help… he’s trying to kill me!” while the yob repeatedly smashed her head on the floor.

Her attacker, who was with two small children, laid into her then tried to drag her off the bus.

He leaned over her bloodied face and snarled: “I’m going to f****** kill you.” Nova, who has debilitating auto-immune disease lupus, said: “People don’t want to get involved. The community spirit just isn’t there any more.”

She lost a tooth and suffered internal bleeding after the attack in which her 32-year-old husband was also battered.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Nova decided speak out in an effort to catch the man who lashed out on the No 85 in Kingston, Surrey, after their baby buggies became entangled. She said: “I smiled and said, ‘Sorry can you get through?’ To which I got abuse. He said, ‘You’re going to have to move your buggy’.”

When she explained she couldn’t move he unleashed a torrent of abuse. The man, who had a baby and a girl of about six with him, then launched the brutal attack.

Nova said: “He threw me all over the bus and was whacking my head against the hand rail. He was punching me in the head and kicking me. When I fell he started ramming my head into the floor. I remember my husband trying to pull him off and my daughter screaming. But nobody on the bus tried to help in any way.”

Nova thought she had been stabbed after her glasses were smashed into her face.

She said: “There was a time when people would not have stood by and allowed this to happen.”

Anyone with information about the attacker should call Kingston police on 020 8247 4946.



Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/12/08/disabled-mum-beaten-unconscious-in-pram-rage-attack-tells-how-bus-passengers-ignored-her-pleas-115875-22768468/#ixzz17eltOuF3

No comments:

Post a Comment